Appearance[edit | edit source]
Dorothy has short, red hair, red eyes and extremely pale (almost white) skin. Her fingers are robotic in appearance, with obvious divots separating each segment. Sei commented this is because her modded hands are designed to shoot Class-5 bullets from her fingertips.
She is always seen wearing a dress with puffy sleeves and red stripes running along its otherwise white fabric. She also wears a patterned hairband in her hair and large red bow just below her neck.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Dorothy appears to have a bubbly, joyful and somewhat flirtatious attitude. She often greets every patron politely and doesn't at any point seem overly aggressive or violent. She takes great pride in her work, often discussing it with Jill and even Streaming-chan at one point. Her kind nature was also shown when she gave up an entire day's work to come visit Jill when she was feeling down, sleeping with her overnight in order to comfort her, all for enough money to "pay for [a] can of soda".
Despite all this, however, on some occasions she experiences bouts of depression stemming from solipsism, a fear of being the only thing in existence, causing her to seemingly "space out" and lose her otherwise cheerful demeanour.
She also demonstrates odd habits at times, as shown when Alma is describing her method of hacking into a company's database, and she immediately goes into a trance, asking Alma to do her procedures, such as "creating a backdoor in her", or "making her buffer overflow." When asked about this, she explains that Alma's choice of words was a form of innuendo for Lilim and her words/behaviour were simply a result of that fact.
Like all Lilim, Dorothy was also programmed with a random character quirk. In her case, she has an irrational fear of dogs and chinchillas. When she walked into the the bar while Rad Shiba was there, her response was to switch over from her usual over the top greeting to immediate screaming.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Dorothy has been a regular at VA-11 Hall-A for some time before the start of the game and typically goes to Jill for her drinks. When you first encounter her in the game it's the day after she's finished her annual paid roleplay as Ingram's daughter. Overall she's in a good mood and asks Jill to serve her favorite drink.
It's revealed that despite loving her guardian (that she sometimes calls mom), she doesn't like that her guardian treats Dorothy like a kid. She also fears that her guardian is using her as some sort of replacement for her dead daughter. Dorothy started living with her guardian not long after the daughter's death, and Dorothy is worried that she might make her guardian sad; fearing that she might look at Dorothy and see her guardian's daughter, which will make the guardian sad. Jill can tell Dorothy to talk to her guardian about it.
Order list[edit | edit source]
The following are the list of drinks which Dorothy will ask for during the course of the games story (drinks in italic are ones that aren't explicitly asked for but will not be classified as mistakes if given):
- December 14 (Day 2)
- December 15 (Day 3)
- December 17 (Day 5)
- December 21 (Day 9)
- December 24 (Day 12)
- December 27 (Day 15)
- December 28 (Day 16)
- December 30 (Day 18)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rebecca's work aliases Dorothy Haze and Dolores Haze are references to Lolita, in which a middle aged man has a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old girl named Dolores Haze.
- Dorothy's name and appearance are also likely references to R. Dorothy Wayneright, another red-headed android with the body of a young girl from the anime The Big O.
- DFC (Dorothy's model) is a reference to a 4chan term which stands for "Delicious Flat Chest". The number 72 might look random, but taken together with the 'DFC' it would make a reference to Chihaya Kisaragi from The Idolmaster; Chihaya's bust size is 72, and she is quite combative about her rather flat chest.
- In one of her entrances, Dorothy will yell "NOBODY EXPECTS THE DOROTHINQUISITION!", which is a reference to Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition sketch.
- In another of her entrances, she will yell “DYNAMIC ENTRY!”, a reference to the character Might Gai from the anime series “Naruto”.
- According to the height chart released by Sukeban Games, Dorothy is the shortest female character in the game.
- Dorothy struggles with tongue twisters.
- Dorothy can remove her head with no problems.
- Outside of Jill and any others at the VA-11 Hall-A bar, Dorothy has a bunch of friends. Lawrence, a vending machine, Nightingale, a Lilim who changed himself to have fur and a more wolf-like face. A "pretty good pianist". He plays in a jazz band on the weekends. There's also Nadeera, a drag queen and the owner of a club Dorothy has been invited to a few times. Nadeera has an animal shelter on the side and Dorothy helps her with it occasionally. And there's sister Clementine, a nun from an orphanage. Dorothy goes there sometimes and play with the kids (something that she really enjoys).
- She almost got adopted once at that orphanage.
- If you make her drunk, she will talk about her "Amazing Experiences".
- On day 13, Dorothy can reveal that one dream she wants to eventually fulfil is working with kids. She finds working with kids at the orphanage so much fun. If she had to pick another job or think of something to try, a teacher, a nurse or a pediatrician or something like that would be her preference.
- Dorothy has extra flexible joints. As a result of this, she can put her leg behind her head.
- Rebecca possesses a pair of retractable signal jammers shaped like onigiri cat ears.
- Dorothy refuses any client who wants to roleplay with mutilation. Even though she takes off her limbs for maintenance, she refuses to do it for clients because that leaves her defenceless, which she cannot allow. Her other objection is that half of the time, the roleplay involves a violent scenario, which she refuses to indulge.
- In one day, Dorothy enters and yells "FINALLY THE DOROTHY RETURNS TO VALLHALLA" is a reference to Wrestler "The Rock" who always said "FINALLY THE ROCK RETURNS TO (insert city)!"
- Dorothy is a DFC-72 model with the number 24601, which is a reference to Jean Valjean from "Les Misérables", whose prisoner number is the same. If she finds someone with the same model and number, she has "the legal right to put it out of commission."
- Her hand model, "MIRD113 of Realta Industries," is a reference to a Japanese pornography film with the same product code: MIRD-113.